RAID is an important conference that addresses how we can balance tech regulation and innovation under the challenging circumstances of increased globalisation, scope of jurisdiction, and the speed of technological advancement.
As technology continues to reshape our world at pace, it has never been more important to engage in positive dialogue on tech regulation. RAID 2023 gathers legislators, regulators and policy experts to debate the frameworks for regulation, legislation, innovation and international cooperation. Source: RAID Conference | Europe's leading Disruptive Innovation event
Andy Eadle, the Business Unit Director for Communications Ombudsman (part of the Trust Alliance Group alongside The Internet Commission) participated in a panel discussion titled "Consumer protection and fairness on 26th September (10:00am) alongside other guest speakers including;
- Marie Allikmaa (Director of the Business and Consumer Environment, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Estonia)
- Kasper Drazewski (Senior Legal Officer, BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation),
- Joanna Conway, Internet Regulation (Legal) and Legal ambassador for Cyber & Strategic Risk, Deloitte); and
The agenda for the panel discussion included;
- Virtual identity, responsibility and the internet
- Youth: age assurance and age-appropriate experience – the role of various stakeholders in the ecosystem
- Aligning international standards on digital safety
- How to tackle disinformation: the tension between content moderation and free speech
- User redress: what mechanisms for complaints, appeals and dispute resolution are being put in place?
Source: Agenda | RAID Conference
RAID Conference | Europe's leading Disruptive Innovation event